Re: What resources for learning oracle?

From: Noel <noel_mckinney_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 23:11:09 -0600

AdamH <adamh_at_cyberservices.com> wrote in message news:uUGN5.25$mn6.3370_at_nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> Can anyone tell me some good resources (Books, CD's, Vidios, Sites etc)
 for
> learning oracle, and getting DBO or DBA certified?
> What certification programs are available for 8 and for 8i?
> Thanks
>
> Adam

I'm currently reading through Oracle 8i The Complete Reference by Loney and Koch (ISBN 0-07-212364-8) and find it very useful (my only experience with Oracle so far is using it in two courses at school). You can join Oracle Technology Network (free) and download Oracle and practice using it on your own machine. Oracle's website also has lots of information regarding certification.

Some good sites to visit:

http://technet.oracle.com/
http://www.databaseanswers.com/what_is_a_dba.htm
http://photo.net/sql/