Re: ODBC client access from Linux for Oracle Database

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:54:30 GMT

In article <wkofzuvvz6.fsf_at_clear.co.nz>,   Peter Payne <peter.payne_at_removethishost.clear.co.nz> wrote:

> The next thing I understand I had to do was obtain
> an oracle ODBC driver, which strangely enough
> Oracle seem to choose not to provide. I tried the
> openlink software page referenced from the
> iodbc page (http://www.openlinksw.com/). This is
> where I start to feel a little confused.

Just to clarify, Oracle doesn't provide an ODBC driver for any non-  platform. Other vendors may provide drivers for an Oracle database that work on a Linux client.

--
Justin Cave - Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of
Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.