Re: Recovering from a corrupt DBF file

From: Chris Drew <cdrew_at_maine.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 10:52:34 -0500

I believe that you must do this in mount mode. So, bring the database up in mount state and issue a alter database datafile <filename> offline drop; Not sure of the syntax, but I've had to do this with a production system before.. Good thing it was only an index tablespace!! Even better if it was a rollback... Have fun.