PL/SQL constants

From: Leo Plugge <plugge_at_cs.unimaas.nl>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 13:15:53 +0100

Our programmers have been writing stuff in PL/SQL with a lot of hardcoded constant, such as IP numbers, gif pictures, even e-mail addresses. I asked why they didn't put this kind of information in a database or config file.
They said that PL/SQL doesn't offer this option.

I don't believe them. For one: PL/SQL at least offers the option of decalring constants.
I know (found it in this newsgroup) that you can use functions in SQL-statements to insert constants. So, why wouldn't it be possible in PL/SQL? Can anyone back me up on this?

TIA
-Leo-
BTW: I would appreciate it if you could reply directly to my email address, since I don't frequent this group. Received on Sun Nov 05 2000 - 06:15:53 CST