Re: tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora, listner.ora

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 16:39:54 -0000

I'll try

tnsnames.ora - configures database aliases for the client machine listener.ora - configures the listener which is a process which listes for incoming connection requests for databases sqlnet.ora - configures the sqlnet client on the machine

I know that these are all oneliners and therefore woefully short. i can do no better than to point you at the sql*net/net8 documentation that comes with oracle.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA