oracle and dbase "realtime"-transfer

From: Dirk Grabenhorst <dGrabenhorst_at_integrata.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:40:08 +0100

Hello,

I need to update oracle-tables using dbase-files as sources every hour. The problem is, that the files are really large ones (about 10-30MB). ODBC is too slow.
Until yet, I made it with an Centura application using ODBC and native-sql (but it's really slow, because of the ODBC-connection to dbase).

Is it possible to import dbase-tables directly with sql-loader or with pl/sql-scripts,
e.g. using utl_file and reading header-informations out of the dbase-files?

I am using Oracle 7.3.4 on Windows NT 4.0, SP6.

Thanks for help,

Dirk Grabenhorst
mailto:dGrabenhorst_at_integrata.de
http://www.integrata.de Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 06:40:08 CST