Re: 8.0.5 client -> 7.3.4 server connect from svrmgrl works, from sqlplus and perl doesnt

From: Martin Schmachtel <schmadde_at_syscall.de>
Date: 3 Nov 2000 08:08:44 GMT

In <8tsdes$ia5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, gmei_at_my-deja.com <gmei_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
>Does your tnsnames.ora file on linux has the part which identify the

It is the same file, I copied it from one box to the other.

>Another thing is svrmgrl does not use tnsname.ora file, it "talks" to

I used the "alias" defined in tnsnames.ora in svrmgrl as well, so that can't be the problem.

But I found the solution! I just needed to disable oob-breaks by setting:

disable_oob = ON

in sqlnet.ora. Now everything works. Thanks to everyone for the help.

ciaole
schmadde Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 02:08:44 CST