Re: Bulk DML question ...

From: <jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 01:01:51 GMT

Could you elaborate on what exactly this would buy in terms of performance? I have never written an OCI program but my understanding was that its biggest performance benefit would be for programs with a high number of distinct sql transactions. Here one sql statement is being passed to the engine, which then takes 30 hours to process the statement. Is this incorrect?

> > > write a c program and interface using oci.
> > >

> > Why C and not PL/SQL?
> >

> because TABLE1 has approx. 3 billion rows (almost 200 Gig.). TABLE2
 has
> approx. 3 million rows.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 19:01:51 CST