Re: Advice on Learning Oracle?

From: Mark Detwiler <mark_at_msdetwiler.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:24:37 -0800

Downloading Personal Oracle 8i from http://technet.oracle.com is is good advice. I would like to add and suggest getting a copy of Oracle 8i for Linux Starter Kit (Osborne Press)that comes with the Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise Edition CD. Great if you want to get a feel for Oracle in a Unix like environment. There is also an NT version of the book by the same author.

I could also suggest Oracle Essentials from O'Reilly and Oracle 8i DBA Bible from IDG books. Both have great sections on basic Oracle architecture that I believe is the essential base foundation in learning Oracle.