Re: Oracle Installer crash on Windows NT

From: Karsten Schaper <kschaper_at_sidestep.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:52:37 +0100

<pregunton_at_my-deja.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 8tkpoh$8r2$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hello,
>
> I installed Oracle 7.3 basic client runtimes (sqlplus, sqlnet, etc.)
> with no problems on NT4 SP4. After that I tried to install Forms
> (4.5.7.1.6), Reports (2.5.5.2.7) and Graphics ( 2.5.7.1.0C) runtimes
> and I got a Dr. Watson message.
>
> Now It's impossible to install or uninstall anything, the installer
> always crash. I tried changing the year to 1999 and I got the same
> results.
>
> Any advice ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Camilo Eid
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I got the same Error when i tried to complete an aborted installation of an Oracle 8.0.5 client.

I figured out, that it's possibe to rename the existing orant directory and reinstall Oracle again into the original directorys...

It worked fine after it.

Karsten Schaper Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 09:52:37 CST