Re: SQL*Plus

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 14:43:56 -0500

Buck Eskew wrote:

> I'm using SQL*Plus with Oracle 8.1.6 Client on a Windows 98 Platform,
> connecting to an 8.1.6 database on a Unix server. I am unable to get my
> 'updated' query to save back to my afiedt.buf file when exiting from my
> editor. I'm using Notepad as my default editor, and am selecting "Yes" when
> prompted to save the updated file, but when control is returned back to
> SQL*Plus, my 'updated' query is no longer available. I am invoking the
> editor with just the 'EDIT' command (not specifying a particular file).
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Buck Eskew

Search around on your hard drive to see if the file is being written to a location other than what you expect. Once you determine, look for any login.sql or glogin.sql files which might be redirecting the file to that directory. If that turns up nothing then look in the registry to see if there is some entry there that is causing the problem. Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 13:43:56 CST