Re: username/password@database visible reportserver 6

From: <support_at_javautil.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 05:51:36 GMT

drop me a line, but this this is pretty screwed at this time.

You can ostensibly solve this problem by through a cgicmd.dat (or some such) that will allow you to hide
all of the information.

However, Oracle has provided a neat little utility that will expose the file and all of your passwords to anybody with a clue, to the best of my recollection
http://report-server-name/dev60cgi/rwcgi60.exe/showmap?server=REPORTSERVER will expose all of this information to the world.

We got around this by writing an http proxy. This was fewer than 100 lines of java.