Re: enable constraint

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 08:53:05 GMT

In article <3a00edb9_at_ecn.ab.ca>,
  suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca () wrote:
> Hi Ravinder,
>
> Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
>
> I don't understand why the USERS tablespace is in problem? I have the
> following tablespace:
>
> HOURLY table is in HMR tablespace.
> Indexes are in HMR_IDX tablespace.
> If so, What tablespace for the Primary Key?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ----------

 maxextents to
> a higher number and then before you restart verify the nextentent
 sizes
> for the tablespace a too small size will create a lot of extents very
> quickly specially if you have large data to work with so increase the
> sizes as required.
>
> Subject: enable constraint
>
> I disable the primary key of a table in error.
>
> Now I got the following error message. Please help.
>
> > alter table HOURLY enable constraint HMR_PK;
> alter table HOURLY enable constraint HMR_PK
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01630: max # extents (50) reached in temp segment in tablespace
 USERS

Apparently you didn't specify a tablespace when creating the constraint and your tablespace USERS is your default tablespace. To make sure the index associated with a primary key ends up in the correct tablespace add
using index tablespace <tablespace_name> storage <storage_clause> In your current situation you can move the index by using alter index <index_name> rebuild
tablespace <correct_tablespace>
storage <storage_clause>

Hth,

--