Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: <mebarron_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 16:10:09 GMT

I have followed your advice and the online help. I have NT4 wrkstn , O8i Enterprise and OEM 2.0.4 on same machine. OEM is not working.
I have installed repository successfully. When I then issue:
 oemctrl status oms sysman/passwd
I get :
 Error VXA-2008 could not locate oms on fedorov.isr.umich.edu in Services I see:
 OracleOraHome81OemManagementServer Started automatic I have tried rebooting and stopping and restarting the service.
Do you have any advice for me?
  Many thanks. Mark
In article <8t9rkr$s44$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   pvinnakota_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
> You have to create a management server, which stores the information
> pertaining to all the nodes that you want to control using the EM.
 This
> takes some space, and requires set up. Once the Mgt. Server is setup,
> the intelligent agent has to be started on all the nodes which you
 want
> to control. EMV2 has to automatically discover all the nodes.
> Once all this is done, EMV2 places all the nodes at your finger tips.
> If possible, please browse through the EMV2 Installation and Admin.
> guide for a detailed discussion of the topic.
> Bye,
> Prasad
>
> In article <972037604.21816.0.nnrp-12.c2de47d8_at_news.demon.co.uk>,
> "paul harris" <paul.harris_at_rombus.co.uk> wrote:
> > I am new to oracle8i and have just installed 8.1.6 on our red hat
 6.2
> > server and all is working OK. I then installed the administration
> > tools on my NT workstation all OK and configured the NET8 to connect
> > to the instance on the LINUX server. I have tested the connection
 using the
> > test button on the NET8 manger and all is OK.
> >
> > My question is why can I not connect to the oracle server using the
 OEM
> > console. The error message I get is "VTK-1000: Unable to connect to
 the
> > management server <Name>. Please verify that you have entered the
 correct
> > host name and the status of the oracle management server"
> >
> > I have not installed any management server software as far as I am
 aware.
> > The
> > only software I have installed on the server is the Enterprise
 edition
 with
> > a typical installation.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 10:10:09 CST