Re: Client's access to Oracle's passwords

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 1 Nov 2000 11:11:29 -0800

Roger Crowley (villagefox_at_my-deja.com) wrote: (..snip...)
: catch it in cleartext on the server side. Of course, there are often
: lots of passwords in cleartext in the view, all_db_links (if you have
: encoded a login userid/password in the link). I don't know about

you should put links into USER_DB_LINKS for each user that needs them.

Only the user can see the contents of the user_db_links table (the DBA cannot see the contents of each user_db_link). Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 13:11:29 CST