Re: Question about spooling to flat file

From: <joe17836_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 22:01:44 GMT

In article <8tq3is$m4q$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   gmei_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Why do you need to create a table? You can spoll your query result to
> file directly:
>
> ---

Yes, I know. I suppose my question was poorly worded. The question is which way is faster: spooling the query result directly to the file or creating a table first and then spooling to a file? I have runs some jobs which suggest to me that the latter method is faster (but I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be the case).

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 16:01:44 CST