Re: Copying table structure programmatically

From: <adnanbader_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 01:53:35 GMT

I believe that the import/export utility is only an Oracle tool. Or is there a way to programmatically control it from my java program?

I couldn't find any related info. in oracle's JDBC driver. So any help in that regard is appreciated.

Thanks.

Adnan

In article <8tlv2i$8ss$1_at_news.bicos.de>,   "Andreas Walter" <andreas.walter_at_moellergroup.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> have you thought of the export and import-utility with the ROWS=NO
 option
> ?
>
> regards,
> Andreas
>
> <adnanbader_at_my-deja.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have an Oracle DB with a whole bunch of tables. What I want to do
 is
> > create a copy DB using the tables/structures/constraints from the
> > existing DB but without any data. And I want to achieve it
> > programmatically, preferrably using Java/JDBC.
> >
> > The consturction of the new DB needs to be performed table-wise,
 i.e.
> > all the information for one table needs to be extracted from the
 source
> > DB and used to create that table with those constraints in the
 target
> > DB. And some tables from the source DB may not be required to be
 moved
> > over to the target DB at all.
> >
> > Any hints??
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> > Adnan
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 19:53:35 CST