Copying table structure programmatically

From: <adnanbader_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 07:05:23 GMT

Hi All,

I have an Oracle DB with a whole bunch of tables. What I want to do is create a copy DB using the tables/structures/constraints from the existing DB but without any data. And I want to achieve it programmatically, preferrably using Java/JDBC.

The consturction of the new DB needs to be performed table-wise, i.e. all the information for one table needs to be extracted from the source DB and used to create that table with those constraints in the target DB. And some tables from the source DB may not be required to be moved over to the target DB at all.

Any hints??

Thanks in advance.

Adnan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 01:05:23 CST