Re: Online database....how?

From: Larry Linson <accdevel_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:46:21 GMT

  doug_at_modsoft.com (Doug Dumitru) wrote:

> The only production hosting service in the mvDBMS market that I am
> aware of is my company (EasyCo). We support five different mvDBMS
> databases on x86 Linux hardware with datacenters on both coasts. We
> support mvDBMS applications with user access either via the web or
> via terminal streams (TELNET) over the internet. All systems are
> securely hosted and included management of backups and other system
> monitoring functions.

I'm not sure what "mvDBMS" means, but there are a plethora of host sites that support users' database needs, some of them actually running NT hosts so we can use our favorite database, Microsoft Access, or our favorite server database, MS SQL Server, which no matter how many databases you support, don't run under Unix.

--
 L. M. (Larry) Linson
  http://www.ntpcug.org - North Texas PC User Group - Visit and Join

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/