Re: Online database....how?

From: Jesse \ <someone_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:09:23 -0600

Mike, what are you talking about? I didn't specify any software company or dbms, and I didn't say it had to be a microsoft offering. I said "one of the larger database platforms." I chose those words to purposely include sybase, oracle, sql server, informix, etc. What are you talking about "my company"? I work for a university. We are not a company. Are you implying that people that use computers resent people that work in schools? I really don't have any idea where you are coming from with this post; you do make a good point about cheese burgers though.

<mikepreece_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8tknj8$6uu$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <8t77hs$uvu$1_at_news.cc.ukans.edu>,
> "Jesse \"the body\" Ventura" <someone_at_microsoft.com> wrote:
> Are you from Microsoft?
>
> > You can get database hosting from hundreds of places on the net.
>
> There are more places to get a whopper than there are to get a good
> meal
> > This

 user
> > would actually do better to avoid a mvDBMS and go with any of the
 dozen or
> > so frontline plain-jane 2d databases for these reasons:
> >
> > They would be better able to find excellent books on a regular
 database

> Publishers of airport bookstand books sell more than prize winners.
>

> > More likely to find coworkers or friends to help learn a two
 dimensional
> > database
>
> The average intellencia is not really very bright.
>

> > More likely to find a job where they could transfer skills if they
> > picked one of the larger database platforms
>
> Skills? C? C++? Java? Or do you mean it has to be a M$ offering?
>

> > They are tied to your monolopy on hosting if they pick mvDBMS (you
 said
> > yourself your the only one)
>
> Like your company doesn't play on it's position as a near monopoly? So
> what happens when Linux takes over? Users resent you you know. They want
> something better.
>

> > --J.V.
> >
> > "Doug Dumitru" <doug_at_modsoft.com> wrote in message

 provided by
 an
 there
 is