Re: Oracle running really slow.

From: pyao <peteryao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:15:31 GMT

Oracle would to too dumb if it requires users to remember to do this! The optimizer should pick up what to join with what provided there is sufficient statistic information on the data. I find /*+FIRST_ROWS */ useful in certain cases where it improves the speed dramatically, but I really do not expect to arrange the join fields in the right order for Oracle.

Also it looks like the expression in your where clause needs to be swapped, you should always use
FK column = PK column, not the other way around.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 30 2000 - 15:15:31 CST