Re: Personnal Oracle 8 - Cannot create a connection service ? Help!

From: Talar <talar_at_deja.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:11:15 GMT

Christian,
Seems like you have the same problem as me, I also installed Oracle lite on W2k Prof. and it installed without problems. The only thing is that there seems to be no way to create a connection to the database. My problem is that it just doesn't let me connect to it, not even with SQL*plus.
This could be due to a leftover from an Oracle 8i Enterprise installation in my case, so I will try to rmove everything from disk an registry and redo the install. we'll see what happens.

I would be very interested to hear if you solved the problem and how.

Btw, there are also no oracle services running on this machine, which seems very wierd to me.

regards,

--
Talar