Installing Oracle 8i Lite

From: Talar <talar_at_deja.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:40:21 GMT

Hi all,

I am having problems installing Oracle 8i Lite on a notebook with Windows 2000 Prof. installed.
This notebook also has MS IIS installed from which i suspect to be causing the problem, uninstalling IIS is not an option for me.

At first I just ran the installation script with the default options. The install program told me everything was o.k., so I wanted to see this and tried to use SQL*plus with the default login scott/tiger, but I keep getting an error ORA-12203: TNS: Unable to connect to destination.

So I tried Oracle Net 8 Assistant and easy config to remedy the problem, but to be honest this was all a bit greek to me. I want to use either TCP/IP on the localhost, or named pipes. The only protocol installed on the machine right now is TCP/IP.

anyone ideas?

thanks,

--
Talar