Re: need help starting w/Oracle

From: Andre Jagusch <andre_at_jagusch.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:04:51 +0100

Set up a service name using Net8 Assistent. The entries neccessary are Net Service Name. You can use what ever you like for the name. Then choose TCP/IP and make sure you've got it installed on your system (Windows Network). Then enter your hostname and port number which is by default 1521. Then enter your sid or servicename (which you specified when you installed the db). That should do it.

Andre