search a string in a blob

From: <ioleta1968_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:25:47 GMT

I need urgent help regarding blobs in Oracle8i databese on SuSe-Linux. I'm trying to make a procedure searching for patterns in a blob The procedure is allways invalid with errors regarding hextoraw or raw. I'm making this procedure based on an example of technet.oracle.com (EXAMPLE_13A).
Up to now I'm doing it by saving the blobs as clobs and searching in the clobs.But this is no acceptable solution. Can somebody give me an example or advice how to proceed? Additionally I'd like to know how a string can be converted into rawor  hextoraw format.
For your information: We have interMedia but we can not make it run on Linux.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 28 2000 - 11:25:47 CDT