Re: Snooping the SQL issued by a client app

From: CUJimmy <public_at_asd-group.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:11:00 GMT

Yes I'm going for the general server approach. Its definately better in this case as:

  1. I dont have the source for the program in question
  2. I can run a test client/server system where only the program in question is running (so thats all that will appear in the traces)

Cheers and thanks again for your help. I may well be back if/when I have problems getting the trace to run and/or interpreting it!! :-)

In article <8tc7gc$2pt$1_at_soap.pipex.net>,   "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> server side tracing may well be easiest in this situation ( or
 rewrite the
> app if that is possible to include a call to
 DBMS_SESSION.SET_SQL_TRACE
> Alternatively if the prog runs for long enough then you might have
 time to
> issue the call to dbms_system before your session hits the table.
>
> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
>
> "CUJimmy" <public_at_asd-group.com> wrote in message
> >

> > But the program in question just runs, grabs some data (and writes
 it
> > to disk files) and ends. It isnt interactive (sorry if I didnt make
> > this clear). Hence I'm dubious about whether this would work.
 Wouldnt
> > turning on the Server's tracing (by config files) be the only way
 to do
> > it?
> >
> > Thanks again for your help.
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 28 2000 - 05:11:00 CDT