Database wont shutdown?

From: Paul Bennett <spacey845_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:42:34 GMT

Hi,

I have an Orace 7.3.4 database running on AIX 4.3.2

I am connecting as 'internal' via svrmgrl.

When I issue the 'shutdown' command, the database appears to hang. I've left it (apparently) trying to shutdown for more than 24 hours to no avail. I can ^C from the attempt and it gives the expected ORA- 01013 message.

The 'shutdown immediate' command appears to work fine.

Could somebody give me some pointers to what might be wrong, or to where I can look to try and find more information on the problem?

Thanks,

---
Pb
My opinions are my own and should not be taken as
representing any other group or entity.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.