Oracle PE on Windows ME ?

From: Steve Cholerton <stevechol_at_freeuk.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:51:52 +0100

Does anybody knwo how to install Oracle Personal Edition on Windows ME? I have just taken delivery of a new laptop which came with ME preinstalled, however 8.1.6 Release 2 Personal Edition the install fails just after you have input the destination and source details.

I have also tested this on a second WinME machine at work, same problem, Win98 however is fine. Have microsoft changed something crucial ? Is there a workaround? I have reported this to Oracle who are looking into it for the next release of 8.1.7.

I will be testing the Oracle Client Install tonight and hope the same problem does not occur ...

Any help appreciated - Steve Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 03:51:52 CDT