Calling Oracle Stored Function in ODBC

From: Dan Kraiman <kraimand_at_dynmeridian.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:46:20 GMT

I wrote the following oracle stored function:

CREATE OR REPLACE function auth_user(UID IN VARCHAR2, PW IN VARCHAR2) RETURN rsCursor IS

   TYPE rsCursor IS REF CURSOR;
   L_USERID VARCHAR2(50);
   L_PASSWORD VARCHAR2(50);
   r1 rsCursor;
BEGIN
   L_USERID := UPPER(UID);
   L_PASSWORD := UPPER(PW);
   OPEN R1 FOR SELECT * FROM UIDPASSWORD WHERE UPPER(USERID) = L_USERID AND UPPER(PASSWORD) = L_PASSWORD;    RETURN R1;
END; It compiles fine. How do I execute it using ODBC? I am using a third party product which requires an odbc string as input and when executed returns the result set from the select statement.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 10:46:20 CDT