need help starting w/Oracle

From: Brian Janko <brian_at_jankoNOnetSPAM.com.INVALID>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:26:51 -0700

I'm trying to set up Oracle 8 on both a Win2000 platform and a Win98 platform, trying to use SQL Plus. I'm not on a network and I just want to run this locally so I can learn some of the main features. I can't get past the Host String box. I'm using username "scott" and password "tiger". I get "TNS:protocol adapter error"

I'm completely new to this topic. Does anyone have any advice for helping me to get started?

Thanks
B. Janko Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 16:26:51 CDT