The selling of downloads on auction sites!

From: CompCnsult <compcnsult_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2000 03:04:58 GMT

Some time ago I posted a message asking about the legality of purchasing and or selling the downloaded software on eBay. Most of the responses I received were 'sure its legal'.

Well here is the answer I received from Oracle and just thought I would share it with everyone:

Hello,

What the people are doing on EBay is illegal...whether or not the software works is another story. Our legal department is well aware as to what is going on...the software for sale or through OTN can be used only in a developmental environment. Any time that someone wants to sell a product or deploy it, they will have to purchase a full license.
If you purchase a CD from the Oracle Store or through our Technology Track program, you will get a full guarantee of product.

Regards,
OTN Thanks for reading my message,
Chuck' Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 22:04:58 CDT