Re: what does the +0 do ?

From: Mike Morgan <mike.g.morgan_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 00:39:33 GMT

In environments which use Oracle's Cost-Based Optimizer, this will negate the use of an index (which would have been created on col_id) You would want to do this if a large number of col_id rows had the same value because a single full-table scan would be more efficient than bouncing back and forth from the index to the table.