Re: Installation 8i and NT ??

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:52:11 GMT

I haven't experienced the same problem, but your error has nothing to do with the amount of RAM you have. The error is telling you that the program can not create the control file. I'm assuming this is happening when the installer is creating the database for you. Are there other accompanying messages? Some reasons that the control file can not be created might include:

  1. not enough disk space
  2. no privileges to write to the disk

Start with those!

HTH,
Brian

topologe_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still facing strange problems. When I'm trying to install Oracle 8i
> Personal on my NT with service pack 6, I always get the error
> message: 'ORA-01503:Create controlfile'
> First I Thought, that I would have to less memory, but it doesn't make
> a difference if try it with 128 MB or with 256 MB. I always get the
> problem at exactly the same status, when the universal installer tries
> to instantiate the database. Or are 256 MB still not enough memory ??
>
> Has anybody the same problem ??
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike