Re: Report

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:37:38 GMT

No, no, no, no, yes.

a wrote:

> I have a few questions about report builder 6i
>
> Can I run reports automatically in batch at night?

You will have to write that batch - nothing just goes...

> Can I have the reports written to a file automatically at night?

Same as above - output files usually get spooled anyway, but yes, you could have a command line stating to file, and not print the output.

> Can I have the reports automatically emailed at night?

You will have to write - oh well, yet get the point.

> Can I use SQL *Plus code?

Definite no. SQL, yes, even PL/SQL, but not SQL*Plus.

> Can I have the reports displayed in HTML format on an intranet?

Yup, intra, extra, inter - it can HTML.

> If the answer is yes to some of these could you explain how.

You have a report? And it runs off a Developer Server? Check out the command line options, DESFORMAT, DESTYPE sections