Serialize access to tables

From: Shelby Cain <scain_at_remove-all-this-aisconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:28:26 GMT

Is there any way to lock a table (Oracle 8.0.x or 8.1.x) such that only one session at a time could access it (even for just reading)? I need to be able to implement some sort of mutex in PL/SQL and this is driving me crazy as it seems I can lock a table to deny writes to other sessions -- but that does little good for me if I'm updating a value and before I've committed it another session reads the old value.

Regards,

Shelby Cain Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 14:28:26 CDT