Re: 7.x ODBC drivers

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:01:15 GMT

In article <8t2n4p$10g$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   cemmart_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I have a program that needs to have remote access to a 7.x instance
> on HP-UX. Are their ODBC drivers that run on HP-UX and can
> get me to a 7.x instance? Also, does Oracle require the use/
> installation of SQL*Net in order for a remote computer to access
> a 7.x instance.

Oracle doesn't develop an ODBC driver that runs on a non-Windows client. Our Windows ODBC driver will connect from a Windows client to an HP-UX server. Our Windows ODBC driver does require SQL*Net to be installed.

There may be third-party products from folks like Merant that work on an HP-UX client. You may also have some luck at <http://www.unixodbc.com>, though their development effort appears rather primitive at the moment.

--
Justin Cave - Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of
Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.