Re: changing charakters in long-datatypes

From: <joe_gydus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:38:30 GMT

I came across this thread seeking an answer to a similar question re: long data. This reply leads to my question: How does one determine if the size of long data is less than 32k? That is, is there a way to determine the length of long data short of using C/OCI calls? The more I look into this, the more I think not.

In article <39F4350F.54AB_at_yahoo.com>,
  connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> kacetl harald wrote:
> >
> > Alan wrote:
> >
> > > You can't do any string manipulations on a
 Long.

> > hi alan,
> >
> > hmmm, do you mean it simply doesn't work or
 is there still a tricky way to
> > overcome this problem?
> > later one is what i expect to get out from
 the newsgroup.

> > regards, harald
>
> If its less than 32k, then you can fetch into a
 pl/sql variable and work
> with that...
>
> HTH
> --
> Connor McDonald
> http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
> http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)
>
> "Early to bed and early to rise,
> makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." - some
 dead guy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 09:38:30 CDT