Coalesce problem

From: kt <h78816_at_loisto.uwasa.fi>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:40:05 +0300

Hi all!

I'm quit new with the Oracle databases and would like to know what is the best way to find out that fragmentation of space is high (contiguous space on your disk appears as non-contiguous)?

If I execute ALTER TABLESPACE <dbspace> COALESCE, what's happening to extents?

Do I get more larger contiguous extents on a per tablespace basis by using that command?

Or is there another ways to reorganisize tablespaces, except exp-imp?

Thank's in forward.

KT Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 10:40:05 CDT