Re: Can anyone explain what is this mean?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:52:35 +0800

Antony Mak wrote:

> I get the following log last night. Can anyone explain what is this mean?
>
> Mon Oct 23 14:42:13 2000
> Error 3106 trapped in 2PC on transaction 8.4.45262. Cleaning up.
> Error stack returned to user:
> ORA-02050: transaction 8.4.45262 rolled back, some remote DBs may be
> in-doubt
> ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error
> ORA-02063: preceding line from BPSDTWS
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Antony
> --
> antony_at_broadway-ps.com

A distributed transaction went belly up...Because the remote node could not be contacted, its possible (but probably not likely) that the results are not consistent with what was meant to be a full transaction.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Early to bed and early to rise,
 makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." - some dead guy