Oracle Objects for OLE: Connection Question.

From: LF <lvflcv_at_rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:58:04 -0400

Greetings All, I have a small app that consists of a single form with a timer
objects that wakes up every 5 seconds and queries the database for the number
of connections. Currently everything works fine, inside the timer object I have something like:

  Dim OraSession As OraSession
  Dim OraDatabase As OraDatabase
  Dim dynSet1 As OraDynaset

  Set OraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")   Set OraDatabase = OraSession.OpenDatabase("db", "u/p", 1&)

  Set dynset1 = OraDatabase.CreateDynaset("select count(*) from v$session", ORADYN_READONLY)   lblLbl.Caption = dynSet1.Fields(0).Value

  Set OraSession = Nothing
  Set OraDatabase = Nothing

With what I have the connection to the database has to be made each time the timer wakes up. What I woul like to do is to set the connection string one time only, say on form load, and then reference that connections from the timer. Is this possible?

I would appreciate any help regarding this problem. Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 19:58:04 CDT