Re: PL/SQL Problem

From: VampireD <vampired_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:34:05 GMT

I agree, just didn't appreciate the shot they took. OCP DBA has nothing to do with PL/SQL, out of a 5 day course, they spent 1 hour on PL/SQL. Although I have been doing alot of reading lately as I want to get more proficient with PL/SQL. But as a Sys Admin and a DBA I am very confidient. And the personal emails i get thanking me and asking for my personal opinion to their problem in mailing lists prove it. I understand PL/SQL when I read it, but I hardly ever write it. I would be almost assured most developers are completely clueless on the database as well as the machines that sit on. But yet they get on their high horse and open their mouth when I ask for help doing PL/SQL. What happens if I decided to just use Java procedures, and didn't mess with PL/SQL much, that makes me a bad DBA?

Anyway, without going on any further I am going to end it here. nuff said.

In article <39F45C8A.79336BBA_at_home.nl>,
  frank <fbortel_at_home.nl> wrote:
> OCP for Developers requires *more* pl/sql knowledge
> than dba... And calling names will not get you the answer, either.
>
> Frank
>
> VampireD wrote:
>
> > Read my post to the other wise ass.
> >
> > OCP = 1% PL/SQL.
> > That is programmer not database administrator.
> >
> > Anyway, I don't have any means to keep it that way, I want to learn
> > PL/SQL alot better as well. But that no means doesn't mean I can't
> > tune/setup/install/troubleshoot an Oracle database, which IS in fact
> > what OCP is.
> >
> > Any other wise ass remarks?
> >
> > In article <8sqel7$ekt$1_at_spiney.sierra.com>,
> > "Steve McDaniels" <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com> wrote:
> > > I'm been interviewing candidates for an Oracle position here.
> > > Many have "Oracle" certificcation.
> > > Most know nothing.
> > >
> > > Perhaps their ceritification program is managed
> > > by their support program.
> > >
> > > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
 the
 answer
 sql
 for 8i,