Re: Installationproblem: 8i Personal and NT

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:53:57 +0100

sounds like it is failing to run dbassist (the java based db creator). In my experience this is due to one of the following

  1. Insufficient RAM.
  2. Desktop resolution below 800*600 by 256 colours.
  3. Old JavaVM.

I'd tackle these in reverse order i.e. Update JavaVM (try windowsupdate) set resolution to at least 800*600*256
buy more ram.

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield