MS Project 2000

From: Jane Lockhart <lockjane_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:46:41 -0600

Greetings,
I have a demo CD of MS Project 2000 which am trying to install Project Central on a NT server to connect to an Oracle database on another HP server. Anyone installed it?

At the screen to connect to the database, the choices are either SQL Server or Oracle. When Oracle is selected, the entry boxes are for server_name, username, and password. The database_name is greyed out. Because of that the connection will not complete, which I am assuming it goes to the correct server, but since the database_name is greyed out, does not know which SID to use. Using SQL*PLUS on the NT server, I can connect to the database on the HP server, since I do have the tnsnames.ora file correctly installed. I have hit the wall.

Is the install CD incorrect? Seems to me it is.

Any comments would be appreciated. Received on Sun Oct 22 2000 - 16:46:41 CDT