Problem getting started with Oracle Lite

From: <gcooper_at_imf.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 08:40:40 GMT

I've just downloaded and installed Oracle Lite for Win 95 and installed it on my Win 95 machine in e:\orawin95 directory
(stand alone PC at home). I want to use Oracle Lite to learn SQL.
When logging in to SQL PLUS, trying to connect to the POLITE.ODB database, with the following:

     User=SYSTEM, Password=anything,
     Connect String=ODBC:POLITE

I get the following messages:

SQL*Plus: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on Sat Oct 21 4:9:24 2000
(c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
Server not available or version too low for this feature Connected to:
Oracle Open Client Adapter for ODBC 6.0.5.3.0 Oracle Lite ORDBMS 4.0.0.2.0

Can anyone tell me what the proper way to connect to this demo database or what my problem might be?

thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 21 2000 - 03:40:40 CDT