Problem Install Oracle 8i in Sco UnixWare

From: <luongt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:42:58 GMT

Hello,
I am attemping to install Oracle 8i in a Sco UnixWare machine. I read and followed all the instruction in the installation guide. I selected the custom mode, and selected all the products except Oracle Advance Security.

When the OUI detected protocols (Processing Net8 Client 8.1.5.0.0), it return an error message: "An error occured while trying to determine protocols" and displayed 2 protocol for me: TCP/IP (native protocol not detected)
IPX/SPX (native protocol not detected)
despite that I had set up TCP/IP successfully (ping and ftp were tested) I anyway selected the TCP/IP protocol.

When the installation copied file to hard disk, it never exceeded the Net8 Client 8.1.5.0.0. The CPU worked, the hard disk and CD seemed be read, but no more file was copied. Although I had tried many times, even left the machine run over a night, it was the same. In the terminal windows, it always stoped at the command line: "...java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)"

Can anyone help me? I have to finish the installation soon.

Thanks in advance,
Tran Luong.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 21 2000 - 22:42:58 CDT