Implicit cursors and shared pool

From: Martin Trzaskalik <martin_at_element5.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:50:38 GMT

We have some pl/sql packages using implicit cursors to regularly do updates on some tables:

begin
  update table set value = '123' where id = key;   commit;
end;

Recently I found out that some of these queries appear as cursors after calling SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.SIZES(xxx). Their amount of shared pool memory is increasing by time.

Why is that? I guess after the procedure has been executed the implicit cursor should have been closed. So I do not expect him to allocated shared pool memory.

Do I have to explicitly close these cursors?

Any hint?

Regards,

Martin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 20 2000 - 09:50:38 CDT