Re: Oracle to XML conversion?

From: Andy Earnest <aearnest_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:30:09 -0000

you day has come:

http://www.appligator.com/products/Schemer/moreSchemer.asp

This program will automatically convert any ODBC or OLE db source (Oracle, SQL, Access, Excel,...). If you map a system DSN or create a custom connection within the program, it will show up within the program. You can drag and drop an entire table or create a custom sql statement. Then you go to the export center within the program and you can create XML, ASP, HTML, excel,.... no coding at all.

It also does conversion from any db to another type (sql to oracle, oracle to access). Just create the dsn's to the two databases. Within Schemer, right click on the table that you want to copy, select copy. Then click on the table where you want to pawte the table and click paste. It will walk you though any field conversions that you need ( a type isn't suppported in a particular db)

The program is in beta form now. A help file is to be released next week.

andy