Re: stty: Inappropriate ioctl for device

From: Juhan Kundla <juhan_at_ensib.NICHT-SPAM.ee>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:37:52 +0200

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I added:
> . /opt/oracle/.profile
> in my script but it doesn't work. Could you tell me what environment I
> need to get rid of the stty terminal error?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Susan
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I believe, he was talking about shell profile file. This file is in home directory of user "oracle" (cd; ls -la | grep profile). When you run your scripts from cron, this file is bypassed and you need to execute the shell profile file in your script or set necessary environment variables like $ORACLE_HOME, $PATH etc in your script.

RTFM:
man sh or man bash or man ksh or whatever is your shell

HTH,
Juhan

--
|NB! Please remove|