Re: Snooping the SQL issued by a client app

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:52:33 GMT

Figure out where the sqlnet.ora file on the client resides, and add:
trace_level_client = 16

You will end up with a huge trace file (sqlnet.trc) that will hold all traffic over the net.
The value 16 is equivalent to the string "support" (w/o quotes). Other values are 0 (== off), 4 (==user) and 8 (==admin)

You may want to experiment with lower values, as the size of the file will be enormous.

Another option would be to set tracing on the server, but that would trace all sql, not only yours.

hth,
Frank