stty: Inappropriate ioctl for device

From: <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:23:08 GMT

Hi,

This question may not be oracle related. But I got this error when I try to do hot backup in a shell script.

The script looks like this:
#!/bin/sh
/opt/oracle/product/8.1.6/svrmgrl <<EOF
connect internal
alter tablespace system begin backup;
!tar cvf /backup/system01.tar /oradb/data1/system01.dbf alter tablespace system end backup;
quit
EOF When I execute the script on unix prompt, I got this: SVRMGR> Statement processed.
SVRMGR> stty: : Inappropriate ioctl for device stty: : Inappropriate ioctl for device
a /oradb/data1/system01.dbf 102408K
SVRMGR> Statement processed.

The tar command works fine but I would like to get rid of the stty error. I have Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.7.

Thanks!

Susan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 15:23:08 CDT